forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JX in forrest
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:41:03 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> > I did not enable the template block.
> >
> > do we need jx support for forrest?
>
> I tried but I do not get it working. :(
> Then I found that in build.xml:
>
>   <target name="copy-core-libs" depends="init">
>   <!-- ===============================================================
>        Copy all the libraries that belong to cocoon core.
>        FIXME:  use sync task so you can ensure that removed libs from
> cocoon
>                are removed within forrest
>        ===============================================================
> -->
>     <copy todir="${forrest.home}/lib/core">
>       <fileset dir="${cocoon.home}/lib/core" defaultexcludes="yes">
>         <!-- FIXME: The jxpath upgrade cannot be done.
>           See issues FOR-405 and FOR-303 and dev mail list.
>           commons-jxpath-1.2 causes errors with "site:" links
>         -->
>         <exclude name="commons-jxpath-*.jar"/>
>         <!-- servlet.jar goes under tools/jetty -->
>         <exclude name="servlet-*.jar"/>
>       </fileset>
>     </copy>
>   </target>
>
> Has somebody some hints how I can fix it, because we really need jxpath
> and jx in general if we are want to move views into core. Some things in
> the re-factored version of views has to be based on jx too slim the
> processing down.

So when you say "its not working", is that referring to
this "site:" problem? I have never tried to "fix" it,
just rolled back to the old version of jxpath. So somebody
needs to do some serious investigation of either jxpath
or Cocoon/Forrest use of it.

Apart from that issue, every time we update a Cocoon block,
we should be looking at Cocoon to see if there are any
relevant configuration changes, e.g. cocoon.xconf and
sitemaps etc.

-David