forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Proposal: interactive planning session for views/xhtml2/internals
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:12:16 GMT
(See also previous discussion in this thread.)

Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> > > We need to be clear on what we are going to achieve and how *before*
> > > having a Forrest Tuesday event.
> >
> > To an extent. It is very hard to be clear beforehand.
> I agree. Besides, I think FT's provide a unique opportunity for people
> to collaboratively explore new directions. This is important, because
> even if we are clear on what we want to achieve, unexpected surprises
> might come up on the way (implementation details/limitations that we
> didn't think of earlier etc) so we need some kind of "slack".
> > > No, having asynchronous discussion will sort out the issues. This is not
> > > noise, it is very important dicussion that is analysing the experimental
> > > work carried out on Forrest Tuesday. We have to find what is valuable
> > > about that approach and what is valuable about the alternative
> > > approaches that have not yet been worked on.
> It will sort out issues eventually. But I agree with Gavin that there
> seems to be a lot of confusion as to what was achieved and how
> valuable it was during the last FT.

For me it was extremely valuable and am looking
forward to the next one.

I reckon that the confusion is mainly because
we have a hard topic, and secondly because some
things are hard to talk about in email.

Addi said:
> I prefer IRC just because I am more familiar with it
> (never used Skype but am willing to try it out), although
> I agree about the misinterpretation being higher with
> written rather than spoken communication.
> I would mainly be listening anyway so whatever works best
> for others is fine with me.

Thanks. Skype is easy - install it and try.
Talk to the nice lady at the account 'echo123'
use headphones to avoid feedback into internal mike.

Well that is a few interested, but we are not going to
do it unless the project is well-represented, with a
majority of the people who are interested in the core
views/xhtml/sitemaps issues.

Remember, the proposal is not about making decisions
or doing work.

Looking for a suitable time. If it doesn't suit
then propose another:
1) Saturday, September 10, 2005 at 20:00:00
1) Sunday, September 11, 2005 at 19:00:00

So far the following people are interested. Please
state if you have time or date restrictions:

David - any time, any day, try Skype, IRC okay

View raw message