forrest-dev mailing list archives

From addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: xhtml2 tonights update & questions
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:40:23 GMT
On Friday September 09 2005 4:40 pm, Ross Gardler wrote:
...snip ...
> I'd prefer Skype, I feel it is a higher bandwidth communication and is
> less open to misinterpretation.
>
> As an additional thought, there is a new thing called vSkype that allows
> up to 200 people to participate and you can share one persons desktop.
> We could use the shared desktop to allow someone to take real time notes
> (if we use the Lenya instance, which seems to be up and running now, we
> can switch the "note taker" around.
Just a note:  Biggest problem I see with vSkype is that it is currently only
available for Windows.  I prefer IRC just because I am more familiar with it
(never used Skype but am willing to try it out), although I agree about the
misinterpretation being higher with written rather than spoken communication.
I would mainly be listening anyway so whatever works best for others is fine
with me.