forrest-dev mailing list archives

From addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: [FT] 2005-09-06 Summary
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 23:36:54 GMT
On Friday September 09 2005 3:41 am, Ross Gardler wrote:
> addi wrote:

> >>That is cool, I would like to highlight one of the random quotes as I
> >>feel it is particularly important for the community:
> >>
> >>addi 49  "matter of fact I'm a brewer"
> >>
> >>In othr words, Addi is candidate number one to host our next get
> >>together (at least in my book - he brews good beer too).
> >
> > LOL, well if ApacheCon comes to Washington, DC you're all welcome to my
> > place. But I should warn you, so you're not shocked if you meet me, I'm
> > actually a she. :)
>
> Ooops - I'm sorry I made wrong assumptions (shame on me) - thanks for
> being understanding and putting a smiley in there, the joke is
> definetely on me..
>
> Ross

I am not easily offended and I know that maleness is sort of a general
assumption in the world (for many reasons) and particularly so in the
computer world.  I do not judge harshly about it because I find myself and my
girlfriend do the same thing more often than we care to admit as well.  It is
a deeply rooted assumption for many and is a concious work in progress to
modify.

- Addi