forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r279511 - /forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.xhtml2/resources/stylesheets/xhtml2_to_html.xsl
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:17:51 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> >
> > Why do you want the output to look like document2html output and then be
> > passed into the existing pipelines?
>
> Because that's how views work right now.  I didn't have this grand
> redesign scheme in my mind at the time.  I thought we were getting
> XHTML2 to work with the current views and replacing the **body-*.html
> aggregation "part" in the **page pipeline with an xthml2tohtml
> equivalent was how I did it.
>
> > Don't we just want XHTML2 -> output plugin = desired output
>
> That's what it is, but views operate on html structured like the
> output of document2html.  I wasn't redesigning views, just getting
> xhtml2 to work with them.

Now i see. Tim is aiming to do the work in stages.
Get part of the XHTML2 working with the existing views
and skinning.

Others are leaving the existing skins and views systems
in place to continue operating as they do, while building
a parallel plugin (plugins) that do XHTML2 all the way
through.

Is that where the mismatch is occuring?

-David