forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FT] 2005-09-06 Summary
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 02:25:19 GMT
addi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > > I also like cheches Interesting summary at:
> > > http://casa.che-che.com/~bot/forrest/
> > >
> > > made me laugh.
> >
> > That is cool, I would like to highlight one of the random quotes as I
> > feel it is particularly important for the community:
> >
> > addi 49  "matter of fact I'm a brewer"
> >
> > In othr words, Addi is candidate number one to host our next get
> > together (at least in my book - he brews good beer too).
>
> LOL, well if ApacheCon comes to Washington, DC you're all welcome to my place.

Can you bring a supply to the upcoming ApacheCon
in San Diego? :-)

That is only partially a joke. At least Ferdinand
is going to be there, maybe more of us. It would be
great to have other Forrest developers and users.

> But I should warn you, so you're not shocked if you meet me, I'm actually a
> she. :)

You could have saved that shock and gained a great
laugh when we did meet you. Still i laugh now.

Isn't it strange how we assume an online person
to be male. I can see why. Historically, most of
the particpants in opensource projects are male.
Still that is no excuse to assume. Names are safer.

I know that people need another mailing list
like a hole in the head, but we have a new list
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-women/
which was formed to talk about why there are
not more females involved in opensource and how
to address that situation at Apache. Even though
ASF projects are nice communities, and i find
Apache Forrest to be especially so, we want to
make them even more welcoming.

-David