forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: My comments on commits
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:13:22 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I did a couple of comments on recent commits. That is not to offend
> anyone! Thanks very much for the work you have done, bummer that I could
> not assist.

Yeah sorry about that.

> But I actually do not see the point in coping "old" code from the
> prototype into the new plugin. Before moving the code we need to have a
> close look on what we really want to keep and what we need to refactor
> before moving.

Yes, i wondered that too.

Perhaps we should look upon the internal.xhtml2 plugin
as an exploration. We might need to redo it, even a
few times, to understand what is needed.

So just copying stuff, got us off to a quick start
yesterday.

> The thing that concerns me most is that we are back to mix output plugin
> code and internal plugin code. That is doomed to fail. I had this before
> and other devs pointed out, that it is not working that way. We have to
> think about a better way to separate this concerns.

We had a quick discussion about that.
For lack of a decision, we copied everything in,
and hoped to decide later what to move back to
output plugins.

-David