forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Validation transformer RELAX NG with Jing
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 05:04:25 GMT
Yesterday Pier added a "validation" block to Cocoon to do
RELAX NG processing at any part of the pipelines.
So far it is only in Cocoon-2.1 and he is in the process
of adding it to the Cocoon trunk.

Today i added it to my Forrest and it works nicely,
so i added this preview of it to our Forrest trunk.
Will replace it later.

Here are Pier's notes about it:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=112541971900003

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/blocks/
validation.html

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/components/
transformers/jingtransformer.html

                 ----oOo----

To test it in Forrest, we have a basic grammar
called any.rng which just makes sure that docs are
well-formed. Later we will have full grammars.

So for now, add this to your project sitemap:
   <map:match pattern="xhtml2.xml">
    <map:generate src="{project:content}/plan/xhtml2.xml"/>
    <map:transform type="jing" src="{forrest:context}/resources/schema/relaxng/unstable/any.rng"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>

Add Gav's xhtml2.xml to the xdocs/plan/ directory
I also removed the document type declaration and
exposed the <html> element and namespace.

Make a deliberate error, e.g. remove an end tag.

Now request http://localhost:8888/plan/xhtml2.xml

So it will help us with testing of our various
internal xhtml2 pipelines, and of course have
other uses.

-David