forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Virtual list for forrest and lenya
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2005 23:46:30 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Another thing is that we also want that certain parts of the lenya and
> forrest repository are sending commits mails to lefo-commits@apache.org
> which will be forwarded to svn@forrest.apache.org and
> commits@lenya.apache.org. This needs an upgrade of Subversion, but we
> can create this list as well now. ;-)

We have already investigated. We are happy to await the
next Subversion upgrade.

I don't think that we need an extra "commits" list for
this part. We just send to both existing "commits" lists
for Forrest and Lenya for that certain section of the repository.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112583283922120
"I investigated this. With the current Subversion
we can configure a certain portion of the repository
to send to only one mailing list.

(infrastructure-trunk/subversion/authorization/asf-mailer.conf).

Google found that someone recently contributed a
patch to enable sending to multiple lists. So when
someone upgrades Subversion we will be able to do so.
I suppose we just wait, because it is not urgent.

So when we define a part of either Forrest or Lenya
svn that needs to go to both of our commit@ lists."

-David