forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Virtual list for forrest and lenya
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:42:33 GMT
On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 03:41:23PM +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hello infrastructure team,

Hi Thorsten!

> I would like to ask whether it is possible to create a virtual list for
> forrest and lenya. Like described in
>
> "If we make a virtual list (which I prefer) that posts mails on both
> developer lists with added [lefo] in the subject, then each PMC will be
> responsible for their dev list, as is now."
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112013695014297&w=2
>
> Is such a virtual list possible?

We run ezmlm and qmail. Anything is possible. I have no idea how to do it, but I'm confident
its possible. Roy Fielding
no doubt knows the arcane invocations needed by head; if you file a jira issue he'll get to
it at some point, but I
believe he's been busy lately.

> What can I do help to create this list?

Ehm, figure out the relevant ezmlm configuration options that would result in what you guys
want. Ezmlm has a manual and
FAQ somewhere on the web, and we have additional notes on our e-mail configuration at

  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/apmail/trunk/README

actually what you need here is not a mailing list but rather a .qmail alias file with some
trickery in it. Eg like we
have at

  minotaur.apache.org:/var/qmail/alias/

> I would be happy to help the infrastructure team, I just need some
> instructions.

Bonus points for attitude.

> "Together we stand, divided we fall!"
> Hey you (Pink Floyd)