forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for Forrest-Cocoon-Lenya commit access
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:18:42 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Tim Williams wrote:
> > > I don't understand why Lenya for instance, votes me a
> > > committer on their project.
> >
> > You are *not* a committer to lenya! Nobody voted you in. You have write
> > access to the code base which is different. IMO the subject is not
> > reflecting this (I had chosen another one but ...).

The subject is close enough. It doesn't say "become XXX committer".
Yeah "svn access" might have been better.

> http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles
>
> "committer is a developer that was given write access to the code
> repository and has a signed Contributor License Agreement (CLA) on
> file. "
>
> Ok, the subtly of this is incredibly confusing, what definition are
> you going by?

We would not become "committers" at Lenya or Cocoon,
just get "svn access". To become committers proper
we would go there, participate on their mailing lists,
help users, be committed to the project, etc.

As i said earlier in this thread, this is not the
normal practise. It is a new experiment between
the Cocoon-based projects.

-David