forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] crawl our dynamic forrest rather than commandline
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:26:04 GMT
We would rather use Forrest in dynamic mode
so that we do not need to worry about the
filename extensions in the output space and
take more advantage of the Cocoon facilities
like "Cocoon views" etc.

However, we must be able to produce a static
set of documents. That constrains us to the
filename extension thing.

Would it be possible to use an external tool
like "wget" or maybe Apache Ant, to crawl a local
Forrest server and detect the mime-types and create
the set of files, appending the appropriate extension?

That is just a wild thought, but so many times
i read back through our mail archives, and see
us hindered by this need to stick with the
filename extensions and limit our use of Cocoon.
Our design decisions are hampered.

-David