forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] rollback
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:44:02 GMT
El mar, 27-09-2005 a las 21:41 -0700, Diwaker Gupta escribió:
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 5:08 pm, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > > Added two new plugins for
> > > refactoring views into the core:
> > > - structurer
> > > - themes
> > >
> > > Recent changes to views with using jxtg as core component
> > > made the old view plugins unusable (FOR-675)
> > > which can not longer stay like this.
> > >
> > > I recommend to rollback:
> > > - org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view
> > > - org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
> > > to revision -r280939 and then commit them back as views head.
>
> Why can't we just roll back trunk to a stable version, and move the
> views/xhtml2 work to a new branch?

That is what this proposal is about. The only unstable things that broke
trunk is views. Right now we do not need the branch but we create them.

>  I think thats much neater, and easier both
> on devs and users alike. People can hack away on the views/xhtml2 branch
> without having to worry about breaking trunk for someone.

Yes I agree.

We can copy the current trunk to a new branch, rollback the views
plugins in the current trunk and pin them down. Then instead of using
the two new plugins we use trunk.

salu2
--
thorsten