forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JX in forrest
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:17:36 GMT
On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 01:45 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> > Yeah they do not use xpath but include a dir with conf-snippets which is
> > even better.
>
> This would be a good time for us to review all
> of our cocoon configuration. Yes it will be easier now.
>
> I wonder if that is why we suddenly had problems
> with 'forrest site' taking three times as long
> following the previous Cocoon upgrade. Maybe there
> is some configuration change that we have missed.

Yeah and to find that is not easy because we have tweaked ours so a
simple compare between the new cocoon.xconf of cocoon and ours is not an
option.

> > > It would be better to talk on the list. Antonio is subscribed.
> > > Then we might all be able to assist.
> >
> > In general you are right, but not in this case.
> >
> > I do not see the point in having *private* conversions with Antonio,
> > which is a friend, here on the list. We did *not* talked about this
> > issue, it was covered only in one sentence, it was a *private* chat.
>
> Not what i meant. If you think that you solved
> something that has plauged us for such a long time,
> then it would be good to hear the answer. Obviously
> it is not quite working, and perhaps other people
> can help.
>
> Sorry that my comment came across badly.

Yeah, no worries, I am having a thick skin. ;-)

> > > Anyway, not so. Did you run 'build test' after making
> > > such a drastic change?
> >
> > No sorry, I only tested the dynamic mode. Will be more careful in the
> > future.
>
> Thanks. We decided a while ago to try to not
> bust the trunk and agreed to do 'build test'.
>
> It really is time to work more on our
> forrest.zones.apache.org so that it can send
> email when something breaks.

Yeah, that would be nice.

> > I removed the offending lib again. BTW you have write access as well,
> > right?
>
> That would make the fourth time that i have
> needed to roll back that commit.
>
> Anyway i regret reacting. Sorry about that.

No worries. I am sorry not having done a build test.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"