forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Re: Unable to retrieve the viewHelper.xhtml plugin
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:51:47 GMT
On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 11:41 +0200, HANAX wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 10:50 +0200, HANAX wrote:
> > > I got error on forrest run:
> > > Unable to retrieve the plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml
plugin.

> > > I found that no reference is made in whiteboard-plugins.xml, so I ask: should
I manually add it? I've done svn update, but no reference to it at all.

> > just use
> > forrest-trunk/etc/views.sh
> > to deploy all view plugins.
> >
> > You need to locally deploy this plugins because the changes are to
> > rapidly.
> >
> > If you are on windows the script is just doing:
> > cd
> > $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view/
> > ant local-deploy
> > cd ../org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.viewHelper.xhtml/
> > ant local-deploy
> > cd ../org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.viewHelper.xhtml.ls
> > ant local-deploy
> >

> Yes I'm on Windows, I already did this stuff before writing this email :)

Hmm, then it *should* work.

> I've deployed all 3 mentioned plugins, then "forrest run" my site and error apears.

Hmm, can you check $FORREST_HOME/build/plugins and see whether the
plugins are there? If not please try to repeat the steps. Make sure you
always see a "build successfully".

> You say that I shouldn't add it to whiteboard, but then I don't understand how Forrest
know about that plugin exists and where to find it.

There are in $FORREST_HOME/build/plugins after you deploy them locally.
All plugins that a project may use are in this dir. The descriptor is
only that forrest can download the plugin automatically.

>  It only shows that troubles are only with viewHelper, other 2 aren't mentioned.

Then deploy this plugin again and see whether you get buil success.

> I used instructions from http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/howto/howto-view-install.html
but newSeed step is unclear for me. Should I seed new site to use views?

Hmm, yes.
"Go to the directory where you want to seed a new project and seed it.
cd ~/src/newSeed
forrest seed"

How can we make it clearer?

salu2