forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: JX in forrest
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:17:04 GMT
On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 14:05 +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> I did not enable the template block.
> do we need jx support for forrest?

I tried but I do not get it working. :(
Then I found that in build.xml:

  <target name="copy-core-libs" depends="init">
  <!-- ===============================================================
       Copy all the libraries that belong to cocoon core.
       FIXME:  use sync task so you can ensure that removed libs from
               are removed within forrest
    <copy todir="${forrest.home}/lib/core">
      <fileset dir="${cocoon.home}/lib/core" defaultexcludes="yes">
        <!-- FIXME: The jxpath upgrade cannot be done.
          See issues FOR-405 and FOR-303 and dev mail list.
          commons-jxpath-1.2 causes errors with "site:" links
        <exclude name="commons-jxpath-*.jar"/>
        <!-- servlet.jar goes under tools/jetty -->
        <exclude name="servlet-*.jar"/>

Has somebody some hints how I can fix it, because we really need jxpath
and jx in general if we are want to move views into core. Some things in
the re-factored version of views has to be based on jx too slim the
processing down.

I am playing around with *.navigation.xml and use this as businessHelper
for the menu like:
<forrest:contract name="nav-main">
    <forrest:properties contract="nav-main">
      <forrest:property name="nav-main" nugget="get.navigation">
        <!--We need to use here jx-->

Now that:
<!--We need to use here jx-->

Should be relativ to the request if you use it in a directory or source
type way. Like:

That is only one example where jx comes in handy. All that I now said, I
can do by writing yass (yet another stylesheet). You are right I could
do so, but jx offers more than this and provide sometimes heaps cleaner
solution then xsl.

Any help really welcome. TIA

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)