forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JX in forrest
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:17:04 GMT
On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 14:05 +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> I did not enable the template block.
>
> do we need jx support for forrest?

I tried but I do not get it working. :(
Then I found that in build.xml:

  <target name="copy-core-libs" depends="init">
  <!-- ===============================================================
       Copy all the libraries that belong to cocoon core.
       FIXME:  use sync task so you can ensure that removed libs from
cocoon
               are removed within forrest
-->
    <copy todir="${forrest.home}/lib/core">
      <fileset dir="${cocoon.home}/lib/core" defaultexcludes="yes">
        <!-- FIXME: The jxpath upgrade cannot be done.
          See issues FOR-405 and FOR-303 and dev mail list.
          commons-jxpath-1.2 causes errors with "site:" links
        -->
        <exclude name="commons-jxpath-*.jar"/>
        <!-- servlet.jar goes under tools/jetty -->
        <exclude name="servlet-*.jar"/>
      </fileset>
    </copy>
  </target>

Has somebody some hints how I can fix it, because we really need jxpath
and jx in general if we are want to move views into core. Some things in
the re-factored version of views has to be based on jx too slim the
processing down.

I am playing around with *.navigation.xml and use this as businessHelper
for the menu like:
<forrest:contract name="nav-main">
    <forrest:properties contract="nav-main">
      <forrest:property name="nav-main" nugget="get.navigation">
        <!--We need to use here jx-->
        <url>index.navigation.xml</url>
      </forrest:property>
    </forrest:properties>
</forrest:contract>

Now that:
<!--We need to use here jx-->
<url>index.navigation.xml</url>

Should be relativ to the request if you use it in a directory or source
type way. Like:
<url>${request}.navigation.xml</url>

That is only one example where jx comes in handy. All that I now said, I
can do by writing yass (yet another stylesheet). You are right I could
do so, but jx offers more than this and provide sometimes heaps cleaner
solution then xsl.

Any help really welcome. TIA

salu2
--