forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tedios work and revision number
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:54:26 GMT
On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 14:00 +0200, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> > Only if committers remember to add the revision number
> > to the commit message, so probably not.
>
> Well, if we could do a script to do that, we can create the script to
> add the revision number as well.

I started a small script that is helping with some steps (if you use it,
it will update the rev number in build.xml via revision.properties) but
still there are "too much" committer interaction. I would like to run
thus a script and only interact on errors. ;-)

It is a simple shell script but maybe a python/perl script would be more
efficient. The main problem that I have is how to strip the files from
their versions number and add the new. e.g.
- commons-httpclient-2.0.2.jar *strip 2.0.2* *add 2.1.0*
- cocoon-fop-block-2.2.0-dev-r279987.jar *strip old revision number*
*add new*

This way the "svn mv" procedure would be more efficient and the update
less time consuming. Cheche you have the most experience in this can you
please review it. TIA

P.S. the
ln -s $COCOON_HOME/build/cocoon/ $COCOON_HOME/build/cocoon-2.2.0-dev
is there because my cocoon-trunk just build cocoon and *not*
cocoon-dev-2.2.0-dev

salu2
--
thorsten