forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: forrest:views and xhtml2
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 08:19:01 GMT
On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 08:56 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Tim Williams wrote:
> > On 9/8/05, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi all,
> >>why are we using views in the xhtml2 plugin?
> >

> > This seems like an odd question.
>
> Hmmm... yes, it is..
>
> > Because views are an integral part
> > of the TR?   The plugin has turned into a next-gen forrest complete w/
> > new internal structure, refined views, integral locationmap usage, and
> > streamlined sitemap.
>
> My take is similar.
>
> Views are to go into core as soon as they are mature enough.

If they are not mature enough, why are they going then into this plugin?
What are missing to make them mature enough?

> XHTML2 work requires a rewrite of a large proposrtion of core.

agree, but should we not just focus on the document part first?

> Skins are to be deprecated when views go into core.

Should we not state this officially first?

> Doing the XHTML2 work in skins would be wasted effort.

Agree partly, you and me having the same thought of getting away from
tab, menu, doc and site processing, but are we *all* agree on that?

> Therefore we use views.

Actually I have problems to follow this logic, see the question above.

> > Why do you ask?
>
> Yes, please Thorsten, why do you ask, have you spotted something wrong
> with the approach?

see above
--
thorsten