forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal for Forrest-Cocoon-Lenya commit access
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 19:26:19 GMT
On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 12:44 -0400, Tim Williams wrote:
> I don't understand why Lenya for instance, votes me a
> committer on their project.

You are *not* a committer to lenya! Nobody voted you in. You have write
access to the code base which is different. IMO the subject is not
reflecting this (I had chosen another one but ...).

> Truth is, people contribute because of
> their own personal interest not just because there's an easy
> opportunity.

No, in my case that was different. If I would have gone through sending
patches form the beginning instead of using my given (from the day I
started at apache) *write access* to forrest I probably would not be
here. I started with forrest *because* of lenya, I personally never used
(nor using it now) forrest for my own purpose.

Contributing patches is time consuming. Time is something very valuable.
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)