forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use Cocoon Portlets rather than views?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:56:48 GMT
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> * The portal uses a configuration hierarchy:
>   1. define coplets
>   2. define instances
>      (may use coplets multiple times)
>   3. define the layout

How does it define layout?

One more thing that comes to mind... Cocoon portal-coplets seem like a
perfect way to define what /content/ is to be in a page.

It seems to me that it starts lacking when I need to insert pieces of
functionality, as they may have to touch the whole page and filter it.

IOW a portal is an excellent - user configurable - <xinclude> mechanism,
but views are not only about that.

I mean, views are basically a page-templating system. Can a portal be
defined as a page-templating system?

Still many questions and no good answer...

            - verba volant, scripta manent -