forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sjur N. Moshagen (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (FOR-578) i18n working only for menus/tabs, not document
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:19:58 GMT
    [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-578?page=comments#action_12318789 ] 

Sjur N. Moshagen commented on FOR-578:
--------------------------------------

Sorry for my stupid mistake - I really believed I had the filenames right:-/ - it is working
as it should when the filenames were corrected.

Still, I would not close it yet (or alternatively, create a new issue), because of the following:

When appending the string '?locale=en' (without quotes) to the URL to override the locale
(that is, opening the URL http://localhost/index.html?locale=en), only the document locale
is changed, not the tabs and menus. This using Firefox on the Mac. And after changing the
document locale back and forth a few times, it is stuck in 'es' (the browser's request language
#1), independently of any URL locale overrides, and even across restarts of the browser.

The background for this experimenting is that we want to create an override menu for each
document, and specifying the locale via the URL is supposed to be the strongest means according
to Cocoon docs (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/acting/LocaleAction.html),
and should thus guarantee the override. Alas, that is not the case.

Should I open a new/separate issue?

> i18n working only for menus/tabs, not document
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>          Key: FOR-578
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-578
>      Project: Forrest
>         Type: Bug
>   Components: Core operations
>     Versions: 0.7
>  Environment: MacOS X 10.4.2, Java 1.4.2
>     Reporter: Sjur N. Moshagen
>     Assignee: Juan Jose Pablos

>
> Here's the steps I took:
> - Installed Forrest 0.7
> - seeded a new project
> - turned on i18n in forrest.properties
> - added index_es.xml and index_en.xml (besides the existing index.xml)
> - started forrest (forrest run)
> - configured FireFox to have 'es' as first language
> - opened the newly seeded and i18n-ed site
> Result: menus and tabs are in 'es', but the index page served is coming from index.xml.
> Expected result: the page served should be the 'es' version, to adhere to the requested
locale

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see:
   http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


Mime
View raw message