forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automated formatting of XML files
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 19:36:50 GMT
> I think that it is doing too much, e.g. removing the
> blank lines before major elements, e.g. <xsl:template>

Hmm, I can't seem to make Tidy not do this :-( Is this a blocker? If
not, then I'd like to stick with Tidy. If it is, read on.

I was researching XML pretty printers a bit to see if we had
alternatives. It seems one can just write a simple stylesheet [1] to
clean up XML (since its part of the XSL language -- see the xsl:output
element [2])

[1] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200110/msg00620.html
[2] http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTreference/Output/xslt_output.html

Although I haven't tried this method yet and its not configurable at
all. So I'm not sure how well it'll work.
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: floatingsun.net