forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diwaker Gupta <diwa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Automated formatting of Java files
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:11:00 GMT
> I think that it is doing too much, e.g. aligning like this:
>          this.processor     = null;
>          this.parser        = null;

Ok, we can choose not to. I'll modify the config and add it to the
repository sometime later tonight. Meanwhile, I really don't see why
doing "too much" is a problem. Its an automated tool, its _trivial_ to
change such things at a minute's notice. But I'll go with the
majority, I'm not anal about cleanup conventions :-)

> 1 whitespace at end-of-line

Ok

> 2 tabs to four-space

Ok

> 3 indentation

Ok

> 4 organise imports

Ok. Jalopy can get fancy and explode imports (so instead of
org.apache.forrest.* it will declare only those classes that are
actually used) or it can collapse them (use foo.* instead of
individual classes). Any preferences there or do I just leave them as
it is?

> 5 whitespace in java statements

This is vague. Are you talking about assignments? expressions?
operators? brackets? space before? space after? An example would
really  help :-)

> 6 aligned variable assignments

Subject to dev preferences I guess.

--