forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: *using* metadata in forrest
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:54:35 GMT
> Tim Williams wrote:

> >>How about documenting it in a How To? Even dumping the code into a How
> >>To and adding a little padding text would be a great start and since the
> >>plugin doesn't do anything itself as yet it will prevent users getting
> >>confused by it.
> >

> > It's premature for a How-To as I don't quite have the "how" figured
> > out as yet.  I was hoping to find a home for it so that others might
> > be able to take a look and help me flesh a couple things out.  I can
> > figure it out locally then write a how-to though.
>
> I understand now, probably best to put it in the whiteboard but don't
> add it to whiteboard-plugins.xml. That way we have access via SVN but it
> won't appear on the plugins page or when someone does "forrest
> available-plugins"

I've added it to the plugins.  If it turns out, once it works, that it
would be better in a sample seed then we'll move it then.

My main problem right now is getting the articles to have some menu
context when clicked.  Since they don't exist as a part of the
site.xml, I don't know how to do that.   For example, with an Article
A that belongs to categories Y and Z.  Say the user clicks on category
Y and then Article A, I want category Y to stay selected when the
article shows up.  Then, of course, if they get to Article A through
category Z, I'd want that selected.  Hopefully I've not confused my
own question here.  Anyone got any ideas?

--tim