forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: locationmap mounting behavior
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:12:04 GMT
> Tim Williams wrote:
> > Is it enough to have locationmaps mounted as a sibling to components
> > and locator? or, should we support mounting inside match statements as
> > well?  I think this first way supports our Forrest internal needs of
> > project-level locations preferenced to app-level locations, I just
> > don't know that I see us needing selective match-based mounting right
> > now?
>
> We need it, as you say, to enable a project locationmap to override the
> forrest locationmap. It is also feasible that plugins will want to
> provide a locationmap and this will need to be mounted in the same way
> that project xmaps are mounted.
>
> There isn't an immediate need for the latter, but there is a need for
> the former, so why the question? Do you have another solution for the
> forrest locationmap in mind?

nope, just wanted to know which nodes need to allow child "mount"
nodes.  I just committed the first capability described above and if
it turns out "match" nodes also can have child "mount"'s, then we can
do that later.

i guess now i can look into removing the interim sitemap-based 'exists
selector' solution to locationmap mounting.  i'm going to have to
think through the plugin mounting though, if it works the same as
project-level mounting then it should work fine.
--tim