forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: re-defining tasks as subtasks in jira
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:46:05 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> How do we re-define existing tasks as "Sub-Tasks" in JIRA?  I thought
> that creating an "is part of" relationship would make it a subtask but
> it apparently doesn't.  Do you have to create a new sub-tasks and
> merge it or something?  The example I'm working with is FOR-200 (the
> major task) and FOR-573 (the sub-task of FOR-200).

I don't think you can, although I have only just started playing with
sub-tasks.

I did a quick search on http://www.atlassian.com/support/ and found nothing

I reckon the only way is to the "is part of" relationship or copy and
paste the content to the parent issue. We should decide on an issue by
issue which way round to do it.

I think your suggestion is importnat. I've put in a feature request at
Atlassin, if it is somehow possible and I missed it in the support stuff
I'm sure they will let me know via the RFE:

The issue is http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7794

Ross