forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XHTML2 - let's do it!
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:38:59 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

CAUTION: I have only skim read the recommendations, I do not consider
myself "clued in" yet.

> Internationalisation:
> ---------------------
> Do we also need the i18n?
> 14. XHTML I18N Attribute Module
>
> In our current sitemap, the i18n text is
> being handled towards the end of the process,
> so we need to carry the i18n attributes all the
> way through.

I think that we will need this, probably not to support what we have at
present, but we are getting an increasing number of requests for i18n
support. We may as well consider the future now and reuse what XHTML2
gives us.

> Entity references:
> Entity references (e.g. &ouml; and &trade;)
> in the input are resolved and expanded by the xml
> parser, so i don't think that the internal mechanism
> needs to carry them around and know how to resolve
> them. Does anyone see it differently?

I see it as you do.

Ross