forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making Forrest serve Lenya content
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:49:38 GMT
Joachim Breitsprecher wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler schrieb:
>
>> http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/locationmap.html
>

> Geee... Thanks. :) I saw that document but somehow missed the part about
> Lenya ;-)
>

>> <map:match pattern="lenya/**.xml">
>>   <map:generate type="html" src="{lm:{0}}" />
>>   <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
>>   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>> </map:match>
>>
>> Basically you need to transform the html to our internal format first
>> with above pipe you can do this. Add it to the sitemap.xmap of your
>> project.
>

> The HTML serializer does not seem to work with Lenya's data - probably
> because of the xhtml namespace. I solved it this way:
>
> <map:match pattern="lenya/**.xml">
>   <map:generate src="{lm:{0}}"/>
>   <map:transform
> src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/lenyaxhtml2html.xsl"/>
>   <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl"/>
>   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
>
> Where lenyaxhtml2html.xsl is just a (incorrectly named) simple
> stylesheet that strips out all namespaces.
>
> Anyway, it works now, thanks for the help!

lenyaxhtml2html.xsl should not be in {project:resources.stylesheets}
since it will be the same for all documents, it should be in a central
location...

This work should be in a plugin. If you look at the Daisy plugin (in
whiteboard) you will see a fairly complete integration of Daisy (another
Cocoon based CMS) and Forrest.

I'd recomend using that as a base for the Lenya plugin as it has quite a
few additional features like pre and post filtering and navigation
inclusion. It is fairly well documented within the plugin.

>> If you have some working code that you can attach to the issue
>> tracker? I will take care of it. ;-)
>

> Sure. I will probably do that tomorrow when I am back in the office. Is
> there a particular issue I should attach it to or should I just open a
> new one?

It's a new one (don't worry if you haven't made it a plugin, either
Thorsten or I will do that if you don't have the time).

Ross