forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest-lenya instance
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:21:14 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>>Ross Gardler wrote:

>>>I took this to the Lenya list, there is momentum gathering on Doco and
>>>as a result Thorsten has stepped forward to create a Lenya instance for
>>>us by Sept. 6th. Thanks Thorsten.
>>
>>You are welcome.
>>
>>http://lenya.zones.apache.org:19999/index.html
>>
>>Please test a wee bit. ;-)

I hope to get time this evening (GMT).

>>We can set up a basic lenya pub for us, where we will use the ac and our
>>working structure (workflow,...).
>>
>>We should keep this pub here in our code base. Then we have as well a
>>starting point for the doco move and the work of Joachim, David et. al..
>>
>>Would it be alright to keep the content of this pub in a jcr-rep?
>

> What are the options? Your suggestion sounds good,
> but i don't know what are the implications.
>
> Some repository that is as easy as possible to start with.
> When there are more people involved, we can look at options
> that requirement more management.

I'm not aware of the implications of this either. Ideally we want the
stuff to go into SVN so that people can edit with whatever editors they
want rather than with the Lenya instance. However, I don't think this
works yet so will probably have to be done by us when someone finds the
time.

So, whatever repo makes this the easiest would get my vote.

But since I'm not administering this implementation I'll settle for what
you give us, thanks for your efforts so far.

Ross