forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help with general project issues [was: Re: [Proposal] Development process and a stable trunk
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:05:49 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> On 8/27/05, David Crossley <crossley@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Most of my time is being taken up with general issues
>>for the Forrest project, so i don't often have the
>>time to help. I wish that other people would help more
>>with that stuff, applying the patches, guiding the
>>new developers.
>

> What's "that stuff"?  I'm happy to help beyond just development work
> if I know what the "issues" are.

Basically, most of what David does is the "stuff" that the rest of us
largely ignore but is absolutely vital to the survival of the project ;-)

Here are a few thinks that I think David may be referring to (I am sure
he'll add some more to the list):

- maintenance of the published site
- configuration of a testing environment on our Zone
- maintenance of Jira
   - issues linked to discussions
   - links between issues
- proofing documentation
- ensuring user feedback is reflected in our documentation
- checking license files are correct and complete
- applying bug fixes
- fixing bugs (rather than creating new features)
- running "build test" before committing changes
- ...

Ross