forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Podunavac ...@dserv.net>
Subject Re: Problems with forrest installation
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2005 07:15:09 GMT

>The best is you develop everything (both lenya and forrest) with trunk
>svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk forrest
>svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/trunk lenya

okay  I will try this

>>>i changed the port for lenya to 7777
>>>

>Which lenya are you using?

I am using lenya-1.2.x
checked out a fresh one --> svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/branches/BRANCH_1_2_X/ lenya-1.2.x
the same with cocoon-2.1.x -->  svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/branches/BRANCH_2_1_X/ cocoon-2.1.x
and my system is ubuntu ; ) if that does matter

>>>created a dir <deeTest> in forrest
>>>

>Where? In which path? Just do "pwd" and paste it. Best with all (lenya and forrest installation
as well).

my working setup looks like this

forrest  --> /home/dee/projects/forrest
lenya -->  /home/dee/projects/lenya-1.2.x
cocoon --> /home/dee/projects/cocoon-2.1.x

>>>stuck to the Using Forrest (v0.7) manual
>>>and did 'forrest seed' on that directory
>>>

>Which because the manual would say a new dir? Where is it?

my new dir which i created is --> /home/dee/projects/forrest/deesForrest

>>>in order to change
>>>the very last pipeline  @src/documentation/sitemap.xmap
>>>but than this ERROR made me go nuts
>>>

>Did you change something?

the only thing i changed is the last pipeline in
/home/dee/projects/forrest/deesForrest/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap
and looks now like this

<map:match pattern="**.xml">
             <!-- this is my test scenario -->
             <map:generate
src="http://localhost:7777/default/live/{1}/{2}.html"/>

      <map:call resource="transform-to-document">
        <map:parameter name="src" value="{project:content.xdocs}{1}.xml" />
      </map:call>
    </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

>>>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
>>>org/apache/forrest/log/ForrestLogTargetFactory (Unsupported major.minor
>>>version 49.0)
>>>

>Wow never seen this error before. When does it happen? Seem to be with forrest run, right?
The snippet of the have something about endorsed libs which
>are currently often cause of this kind of problems. Anyway did your lenya instance was
running at the time?

>salu2

this error occurs not only when doing forrest run but when i do forrest
as well

do i need to check out a fresh or new forrest too, if so would it be
from sum like

svn co  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/branches/forrest_X/
forrest-x=?

thanks