forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Forrest Example Site
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:02:54 GMT
Sean Wheller wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 August 2005 03:13, David Crossley wrote:
>
>>You have been out of touch for a while, so please be aware
>>that the Forrest dev community is currently working on
>>a new facility codenamed "views" which will probably
>>replace "skins".
>

> dude, turn your head for a minute on this project and everything changes :-)
>
> No really, cool. I assume there is some documentation to help me get up to
> speed with views, right?

It's "kind of" documented. This is alpha code and is a moving target.
However, there are a couple of "skins" using the views system.

Start here:

http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_80/views.html

The dev archives are critical for this work - there is *loads* of stuff
in there, and, of course, we are there to help. The number of devs
familiar with views is growing at the moment, but many of us a green
right now (I recently started experimenting).

Ross