forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Q: Placement of generators (FIXME in forrest.xmap )
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:09:33 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Any reason not to move these to sitemap.xmap?

Not that I can see. I think they were originally put into the
sub-sitemaps so that we know what is used where. However, they have not
been correctly maintained and it is confusing now.

As more and more stuff is moved out to plugins the number of components
in the core sitemaps will be reduced in the way originally intended.

> And why are these already in sitemap.xmap but commented out?

Just guessing - somebody noticed they weren't used and commented them
out in order to indicate this. They probably chose not to remove them
incase there was a reason for them to be present. I can't remember when
this was done, I guess some time ago so it is probably safe to remove
them (although some will be put back because of your other question above).

Anyway, since nobody has said anything on this just go ahead and do what
you think is necessary to make the sitemaps clearer.

Ross