forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Properly licensed icons
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:02:38 GMT
Anil Ramnanan wrote:
> Ross Gardler (JIRA) wrote:
>
>> Also note that the "sample.gif" included in this zip is not released
>> under a compatible license, it is created by Eclipse wizards and is
>> therefore under the EPL (I've been caught out by this one myself).
>>

> I was wondering what kind of license is appropriate for icons. Would I
> be able to use icons that were released under a creative commons license ?

As others have said it depends on which of the CC licenses is used.

A good source of clipart and icons that we *can* use is
http://www.openclipart.org/ This stuff is released under the CC "No
Rights Reserved" license. Which is essentially public domain.

Note that we cannot relicense these images so we must include a license
file for them.

Ross