forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mixed line-endings and configure SVN clients (Was: svn commit: r239296 ...MANIFEST.MF)
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:48:50 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> I am going to use this example to help explain some
> of the problems with line-endings.
>
> Ross, svn log shows that you added the initial
> MANIFEST.MF file.
>
> It already had mixed line endings. (By the way,
> that makes me wonder about the origin of the code.)

In Eclipse there are wizards that generate many files for you, this one,
a plugin configuration file is such a file. The output of these wizards
is *not* CPL licensed, in fact it is license free.

This is the same issue we have with people using "forrest seed" to seed
a site and then finding that their config files are Apache Licensed. In
the past we agreed this should not be the case, but that we have no easy
way out of it since the file in SVN must be licensed. Eclipse strip the
license header when the wizard generates the file.

(snipped the rest of the useful stuff, I agree with everything you say)

Ross