forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: whitespace cleanup
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:02:06 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> ... snip ...
>

>We need to properly define what our whitespace treatment is
>for each class of file-type: *.java and *.x* and *.txt etc.
>I started that in docs_0_80/howto/howto-dev.xml and linked
>to Cocoon's decision. We could adopt the same.

I agree with that.  It seems sound to me.

>We could add a list of all directories to a file in the
>"etc" directory. You can still see remnants of previous
>half-finished jobs there. That list could provide notice
>of which sections have been done and which are next.

OK, I found those and have created a new list that I added to JIRA.  I'm
sure I have some typos and missed dirs in there somewhere but the main
stuff is there.  We can correct the file as we find the mistakes on our
cleanup sweep.  (btw, those plugin dirs almost made me go cross-eyed so
most mistakes will probably be there :))

>I suggest that we do a test of one quiet directory,
>to ensure that our various text editors do the job
>consistently.

Agreed.  Not much point to cleaning up if we have to clean up afterwards
because someone's editor was out of line.

>I will first do a sweep of our whole space to find any
>Windows line-endings problems.
>
>-David

Addi