forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Fallback resolver Vs. Locationmap (was Re: svn commit: r233401 - in /forrest/trunk: main/webapp/ main/webapp/WEB-INF/xconf/ site-author/ whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view/ whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view/resources/stylesheets/ whiteboard/plugi...)
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:13:19 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 09:52 +0100, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> wrote:
>>>Author: thorsten
>>>Date: Thu Aug 18 17:44:00 2005
>>>New Revision: 233401
>>>Added: forrest/trunk/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.view/src/java/org/apache/forrest/plugin/internal/view/acting/
>>Does this fallback resolver work with the locationmap?
> What do you mean?

Can I use, for example {lm:{1}} as a URI.

>>What does this do that the locationmap does not do?
> It computes a dynamic path for fallback file.

> The locationmap needs to be defined and edited. All fallbacks that you
> want to use, you have to define before, not very suitable for a high
> dynamic environment like views.

Well something must be telling the fallback where to look. If you change
the defaults that file must be edited too. So there is no difference here.

> The action reads a location (uri) and scans it whether a file exist. If
> not it will scan for any project specific fallbacks that may exist (see
> above). After this it scans further for default fallbacks (see
> Actually in above code we now can easily
> instance the SourceTypeAction [1] and implement "content aware
> views" (FOR-621).
> Can the loactionmap help me with all that?

Yes, at least to the first part, the second part needs work, as with the
fallback resolver.

See and notice it is Tim
who got this to work so it may be better to have is opinion.

If I understand you the functionality is the same, and appears to be
more flexible in the locationmap (although I'm in a noisy net cafe and
cannot concentrate fully). Can we stick to just one solution?

View raw message