forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Ramnanan <l...@peppersauce.org>
Subject Re: Properly licensed icons
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:36:21 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

>It depends. The main thing is that we cannot add anything
>that has retrictions beyond the terms of the Apache License.
>
>Please direct us to an example of something that you want
>to include and to their license conditions.
>
>-David

Here is an example of icons that are made available under the Creative
Commons license.
http://www.graphicpush.com/index.php?s=icons

Here is the license that it is released under:

Basically the license states
You are free:
    * to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
    * to make derivative works
    * to make commercial use of the work

Under the following conditions:
by    Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified
by the author or licensor.
       Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work,
you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to
this one.

    * For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the
license terms of this work.
    * Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from
the copyright holder.

Anil.