forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using the plugin status.xml (Was: svn commit: r233401)
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:49:33 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 12:46 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
>>
>>> I think that notes about changes like this should go into
>>> the status.xml in each plugin, and keep this top-level
>>> status for high-level notes about major changes in
>>> each plugin.
>>

>> Thanks for bringing this up, David.
>>
>> In general I agree with you because normally you make changes only in
>> the plugin. That means you just use one status.xml.
>

> Maybe be this commit only touched one of those plugins. C'mon admit it,
> this is your lazy side coming through ;-)

Ooopsss... sorry I just read the commit messages and see you did do
entries in status.xml - not so lazy as you claimed in Stuttgart ;-)

The inclusion of upgrade instructions (below) is still a good tip
though. In fact, if you do <p class="instruction">, they will be
displayed as instructions in the reports. (I think, not tested)

Ross