forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Defining Views Terminology
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:43:37 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>[NOTE: this is my summary of my interpretation of *part* of the
>>discussion at the views workshop at Apachecon. In other words I have
>>tried to represent the views of those present, but may have got some
>>bits wrong - this is a document for discussion not a final document.
>>
>>You can get the audio from that workshop at
>>http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/events/apachecon-eu-2005/workshop.ogg?rev=225666&view=log

>>]
>>
>>What *is* a forrest:view?
>>-------------------------
>>
>>Some of the confusion over Views seems to have come about because they
>>do much more than just replace skins. They add a whole new feature set.
>>We therefore decided to define some terminology to help clarify the
>>situation.
>

> The sooner that we get this settled the better.

+1, especially since Thorsten is refactoring things now. I'm not going
to comment on the thread just yet since I started it, I'd like to hear
other views first.

I will add one more point though. We are using the "ft:" namespace
identifier for templates, this is the same identifier used  for
forms-templates in Cocoon. We should think about a different identifier
(I know we can change it if there is ever a clash, but wouldn't it be
better to plan forward there is already an occasion where forms are
being used in an experimental Forrest site).

Ross