forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using the plugin status.xml (Was: svn commit: r233401)
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:40:40 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 12:46 +1000, David Crossley wrote:
>
>>I think that notes about changes like this should go into
>>the status.xml in each plugin, and keep this top-level
>>status for high-level notes about major changes in
>>each plugin.
>

> Thanks for bringing this up, David.
>
> In general I agree with you because normally you make changes only in
> the plugin. That means you just use one status.xml.

Maybe be this commit only touched one of those plugins. C'mon admit it,
this is your lazy side coming through ;-)

These kinds of changes should go into status.xml with an
@importance="high" tag (so they appear in the overview changes
document). You should also include upgrade instructions (like those
posted in your heads-up ail) so that we don't lose them.

I knows it's a little more work for you, but it really would make
everybody elses job in tracking your excellent work easier.

---

With respect to the "three plugins problem", we need to discuss this in
a different thread. I have a plugin waiting for release which has an
unresolvable dependency on the OOo plugin. Therefore we need to crete
the equivalent of a feature in Eclipse (a collection of plugins).

One of us should start that thread when we have time to follow it through.

Ross