forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems transforming XHTML
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:09:04 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>

>>The pipeline match above assumes that your "cocoon:/body-{0}" is valid
>>to our *internal* format.
>

> Yes I understand that. And I would if this was a new format to
> support. But XHTML is supposed to work when I name it .html (See my
> question to the user list).

No HTML is supported, In this case you are are using XHTML and your file
is defined using the XHTML namespace.

The html2document.xsl stylesheet is got html and does not define the
XHTML namespace.

>>Your example is not conform to the internal format that means that you
>>first have to apply a transformation yourFormat2xdocs.
>

> Hmm, so does that mean that XHTML will is no longer automatically
> supported out of the box?

XHTML support has never been claimed. It is HTML support that we
provide. Try removing the doctype and namespace from your document and
test that (i.e. make it html). It should work.

Assuming that his works we then need to add XHTML support, this will be
a simple job, we modify the JTIDY config to output XHTML and modify the
html2document.xsl to work with XHTML (probably just a case of adding the
namespace). In order to do this we should extract the HTML support to a
plugin and add XHTML support there.

Ross