forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release early, release often(Re: Using Jira and branches for Project Management)
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 23:03:56 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Diwaker Gupta wrote:
>>

>>>IMHO, we do not practice "release early, release often", often enough :)
>
> [ snip ]
>

>>I think we are all in agreement with this. So lets plan a 0.8 milestone
>>1 release. On one of the major features in 0.8 will be Locationmaps.
>

> What is meant by a "milestone" release, and why not just call
> it 0.8 final? Then get on with 0.9 which will be forrest:views.
> I do not see the need for this M1 and M2 stuff.

That is fine by me as long as it doesn't upset the forrest:views people.
I don't want to  give the impression that I'm proposing pushing
forrest:views back.

Mind you since locationmap was originally committed during the 0.5
development cycle it's release is overdue a little more than
forrest:views ;-)

Are others OK with doing a 0.8 with the locationmap and doing a 0.9 with
forrest:views?

Ross

Ross