forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Jira and branches for Project Management
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:16:50 GMT
Gav.... wrote:
> [...]

My problem with both Jira and Confluence is that they are not Open
Source. I would much rather see us using Open Source solutions. However,
this is an Apachewide thing so I'm not about to start making such noises
(too loudly).

We have Jira, but we need not start using Confluence as well. I'd rather
see us working on the projectInfo plugin to create the same kind of
integration within Forrest produced document sets (using Daisy or Lenya
as the CMS). This way we can do what we want rather than what they think
we want.

Speaking personally, I know I will put time into enhancing projectInfo
but I will put no time into setting up and maintaining none Open Source
products here at Forrest.

Of course, if someone else does the set-up I will *use* whatever is there.

Ross