forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: locationmap mounting behavior
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:56:13 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> Is it enough to have locationmaps mounted as a sibling to components
> and locator? or, should we support mounting inside match statements as
> well?  I think this first way supports our Forrest internal needs of
> project-level locations preferenced to app-level locations, I just
> don't know that I see us needing selective match-based mounting right
> now?

We need it, as you say, to enable a project locationmap to override the
forrest locationmap. It is also feasible that plugins will want to
provide a locationmap and this will need to be mounted in the same way
that project xmaps are mounted.

There isn't an immediate need for the latter, but there is a need for
the former, so why the question? Do you have another solution for the
forrest locationmap in mind?

View raw message