forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Anil Ramnanan <l...@peppersauce.org>
Subject Re: Respository brwoser for eclipse plugin Re: Daisy Repository
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 21:21:24 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> You tell me. It is certainly easier to use the HTTP in the Forrest
> plugin environment. However, you are working in a Java environment so
> it may be better to use the Java API. Perhaps if you outline your
> design ideas it will help us decide.
>
> Ross

That as my thinking as well when I decided to use the Java API.

Here is the basic idea:

A Repository View that has a form that show a list of documents
available in the repository. This is the interface where the user
selects the documents that they want to include in the locatiomap. You
should be bale to drag and drop from here to the locatiomap view.

This Repository View will get it's information from a Document List
class. This class provides a listing of documents available from the
repository. This is not linked to a any particular repository but gets
its document list from classes that would query repositories specified
by the user such as the Daisy repository. The Document List class can be
configured by a Preferences page which would allow you to select which
repository you are using and the settings for that particular repository
(username, password etc).

Then there are the repository specific classes for Daisy which would
query the daisy repository and return the list of documents to the
Documents List class. Here we use Daisy's Java API to query the repository.

Anil.