forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reducing Forrest build time
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 19:28:42 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> -  The current size is not big and I like the fact that our own docs
>    show us how Forrest performs on sites with more pages.
>
>    So if we find Forrest to be slow on our own docs-site, lets address the
>    performance problem.

Yes, this is of course true. You will see that a number of people are
working on this issue.

In fact this problem is only a result of the upgrade of Cocoon, Remember
we are at the start of a new iteration of development. This is when we
make the big changes that cause problems!

> - If that is not an option or will not improve performance enough, I'd
>   like to look for a solutions that will not require change the current
>   functionality of the site:
>
>    For example create a mechanism to insert such docs as late as
>    possible in the pipeline so that only the last stages of skinning
>    need to be done. In other words create a content type that tells
>    Forrest to take a document _as is_ and skin it.

This is the move to XHTML2 as our internal format which, we hope, will
be part of the forrest:views implementation.

Ross