forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Johannes Schaefer <johannes.schae...@uidesign.de>
Subject Re: [Vote] deprecated seed (was Re: svn commit: r231130)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:01:14 GMT

Ross Gardler schrieb:
<snip/>
> Alternative
> -----------
>
> We change the "seed" target to be an interactive target that provides a
> menu of all available seed sites.

Not sure about this. It adds some overhead on getting started.
A simple text message explaining these options may suffice,
the user can then choose to create some "seed-special".

See my response to the vote as well.

Johannes

> This way the user can do "forrest seed" and be presented with:
>
> 1 - seed-simple (basic site with minimal content, ideal for starting
> your own site)
> 2 - seed-business (basic business template site, ideal for starting a
> business site)
> 3 - seed-sample (a demonstration site that describes key functionality
> within Forrest)
>
> [Note] You can run any of these targets directly from the command line
> with "forrest seed-TARGETNAME"
>
> ---
>
> I also agree with David that we need to stick to a single naming
> convention. Looking at "forrest -projecthelp" I see that it is my stuff
> that has broken the "standard". I have fixed that.
>
> Ross

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de