forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reducing Forrest build time
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:02:35 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Diwaker Gupta wrote:
>
>> As Forrest grows and becomes more complex, we really have to watch out
>> for the build times, and think of ways to reduce the build time. I was
>> doing a build today of site-author, and it took ** 35 minutes **

One more thing with respect to this...

We can drastically improve things by creating the new config we need to
support multiple sites. This way each of the docs sets (0.6, 0.7,
0.8-dev), each of the plugin docs, the project information, the users
docs, the developer docs etc. could be made to be separate "sites" and
therefore be built independently.

Anil has started a thread on how this should work, but so far there has
been very little community input. Please take some time to take a look
over it and give us your thoughts. See

Ross