forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Simple committership
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:25:14 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Addi wrote:

>>There are *no* additional requirements to being a PMC member than there
>>are to being a committer, therefore no additional "pressure". ...
>

> (I need to clarify Ross' statements, so i split this
> paragraph apart. Also it is good to build upon this,
> to ensure that everyone who cares can know our background.)
>
> The PMC as a whole does have additional responsibilities:
> http://forrest.apache.org/guidelines.html#roles

Yes, bad wording on my part. Thanks for the clarification.

What I meant to say was that being a PMC member does not bring any
additional __demands on the time of the member__. However as David
points out, there are additional responsibilities which will sometimes
(not always) see a little extra time being committed to the project.

The important thing is there is no additional *expectation*, just more
*opportunity* for earning karma through the meritocracy system.

Ross